Tuesday, January 20, 2009
friendly letter
Gee, I open up Cooper's English this morning and it is writing more "friendly letters". The date goes to the far right, greeting back to the far left, indent the first word of the body, write the body of the letter, sign out to the far right, line it up with the date, sign your name right under the "sign out". Yes, I did change some of the proper words for the friendly letter. He has been practicing these letters off and on for a couple of weeks. Today, I am going to teach him how to write a friendly letter "momma style". Forget the date, write the person's name on the left, start the first sentence wherever you think it would look good on the card, don't forget to ask a question, be thoughtful, something nice about that person you are writing, maybe something funny, sign out with something silly or full of love, then sign your name. You could even draw a little something. You can then go back and add some squiggly lines or some hearts. I try to tell my kids that writing a "friendly letter" is more about the thought behind the letter than the perfection in the letter itself. So, cheers to writing friendly letters momma style!!!!! And if you continue to get letters from Cooper you will know he's working hard.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
gotta love the rules to writing a friendly letter!! you are a nice momma b/c I make use the rules....I am going to try your way, I know they will all enjoy it!!:) Miss you!
oh how i love your friendly letters. and joshie loves cooper's. did he get joshie's homework?
Post a Comment