Sunday, January 25, 2009

1st grade sunday school

Today was 1st grade sunday school. I love to watch these little people come in one by one at all different times. They have such unique personalities and come from such different families. Now that I am getting to know them, I sometimes can guess which color they will pick for the craft paper, or who lost what tooth. They have such interesting things to tell me and at such awkward times. Some talk alot, some not so much. Some like to play games, some not so much. But two thing are for sure, when I pray for the class I say each one by name (they smile from ear to ear) and when I share the Old Testament stories with them, their eyes light up and you can see that person become real to them. Today, Moses became real. We have now followed him down the Nile in a reed basket, to the burning bush, 10 plagues and now to the Red Sea. I love to be there with them as they hear God's Word and experience these exciting true stories from the Bible. I love to hear their silly stories, who is sick in their family, who's b-day party they went to, etc. All of it is special to me and I truly love being there each week. I look forward to these little 1st graders probably more than they know......they are funny, sweet, sometimes not great listeners but I love them for it.

No comments: