Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dad...

My daughter, I tried to teach you important values and morals. I tried to show you how to be strong and honest, gentle and sensitive, I tried to explain to you why you need to set and achieve your own goals. I tried to show you the importance of being independent and confident. I tried to express the need to reach out to people who need, I tried to emphasize the beauty of nature. I tried to demonstrate the extreme importance of family and I tried every day to set an example that you could look up to though I am sure that I failed to do this on many occasions. But one thing that I have alway done and will continue to do forever is to be very proud of you and to appreciate, support and love you. To be here for you whenever you need me, my beautiful daughter. Love, Dad

This was a letter my Dad gave to me when I was in college. I saved it because it was so special, he was special. His mark on my life was one of complete selflessness, pure love, Christ like not world like, fun. Today it has been 2 years since he has passed away. If only I could see him for a moment. Sure, I know one day I will. But, my heart aches for him now. I miss you Dad. The kids miss their Pappa. We will always love you.....

2 comments:

Jill said...

thinking of you today - I am thinking and praying about you all and hope today is a good day!

4funnyboys said...

I read this post a few days past..but I am thinking of you! I thought the letter was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes! Have a great day today!