Saturday, April 3, 2010

We're Back!!!

Nothing like Starbucks on the Freedom Trail in Boston. (LOVE this city, I mean LOVE IT!)
Newport, RI. This is what we searched for.....sea glass. Glass from history that comes to the shoreline. Some of it is more significant than others. I do think we have some modern day beer bottles. Shhhh....don't tell Charlie.

The hunt. What a beautiful shore. It is SOOO different than Florida. It is rocky, full of cliffs, black sand. All different kinds of treasures to be found. This day was freezing. Did I mention we had the opportunity to be a part of the rain/flooding that made history. I think they said it had not rained that much in over 200 years! BUT the ocean was magnificent. I have never seen an ocean so angry! Huge waves. Yes, we still were out next to it. I will show pics of that later.


Ava found something! Look at her pink cheeks. Did I mention it was really cold? :)

Our accommodations. Thanks F family for such a wonderful, absolutely beautiful place to stay. What a view. Thanks for opening up your home to us. We had a blast. Wonderful memories were made. This is just a quick post. I have a ton of stuff to blog for days when I need to be reminded of a great vacation! Seriously, that's one of the reasons I blog. When days seem down in the dumps, I can get on our blog and see what fun we really do have, and now to add our vacation is extra special. This is enough to perk up my days for a LONG time! Right now we are displaying our sea glass in bottles, doing laundry, putting away jackets and scarves (I know, can you believe that), more laundry, sorting beer bottles and rocks that we shoved in our luggage. My kids always say when I visit a place, I say I could move there. I could move there, and I mean it. I would take the cold, winter and all. Now, I know that they don't make up these pretty places in a book or movie. It really does exist! Happy Easter to all. Have a wonderful day celebrating the Risen Saviour. God is good.




No comments: