
Isn't this gorgeous! This is downtown Boston. Their city park. Look at Charlie, he is such a goof ball.

I didn't turn this pic (to be honest, Bobbi hasn't shown me how), but notice Cooper standing in front of the weeping willow tree. Just shows how HUGE these trees were. This particular tree was a gift from Japan.

Paul Revere's house. It was built in 1680 but he bought it in 1770. Very cool, simple. He had 16 kids. Only 5-8 children were in the home at once, plus Paul, his wife and his mother-in-law. Still, you wonder where everyone slept??!! There is only a kitchen, with a big stove, a "meeting room" and 2 bedrooms upstairs. The master bedroom was set up as the living room. This is where guests would go if they came over for a visit. The master bedroom! Yikes. The kids were
homeschooled and when the boys hit about 13 they went off to apprentice somewhere. Did you know that 2 of Paul Revere's girls went on to marry part of Abraham Lincoln's family? They are related through marriage. So many more interesting facts.

True Boston food. There are deli's just about on every corner. I remember my Dad telling me he ate hot dogs on every corner in New York. Well, if Bobby could have his way, he would have ate a sub on every corner in Boston. I talk about all the history in Boston, Bobby talks about all the food. I think Cooper was all into it, too! You can tell by the look on his face. By the way, notice the narrow streets. They were original size, to allow 2 horse drawn buggies to go down the street. On some streets, they still had the old cobblestone.

Old North Church. The kids are semi ducking because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be using my camera.
Shhh.........This is the oldest standing church in Boston, 1723. This church played a huge role in the American Revolution. Something to do with the steeple. I will have to read up on this and let you know when I remember! Under this church are the remains of over 1000 church members. Thank goodness that doesn't still happen. That is a little creepy. I truly LOVED Boston. I would love to go back, longer than 1 day. There is so much to see. The people sorta reminded me of people in NY. Sorta. Just a different northern feel. I swear, about every other person talked like my dad. I loved that. It was just great to be in a place so different. It makes me truly appreciate "old". New is nice but old is great.
1 comment:
To Mommy from Ava and Charlie w/ help from Bobbi :)
I had fun. I love you.
Ava
hspid73lkdhjslkd;kssfnfh543kjcsh
Charlie- Translation- I had fun and I love you.
Post a Comment