-
I miss those days when Charlie took naps every day, sometimes twice a day (when he was real little). In those times I used to feel that I could be going more places if only we didn't have "nap" time. Now that he, for the most part, doesn't nap anymore, I truly miss it! It was a very natural way to slow things down and take time to rest. I picked this book up off a super, duper clearance bookshelf (like $2.00) and I love it. It is called Made to Matter, Devotions for working Christians by Randy Kilgore. I didn't really see the Working Christian part, otherwise I might not have bought it. I guess I work, I just have to ignore the parts about coworkers, bosses, and meetings. Here is one of the "topics"(see, it is for 40-60 hour on the job people - I didn't know).
-
The Damage of a Hectic Pace
One of the enemies of faithfulness is pace. Sometimes others - as in tyrannical bosses, small children, extraordinary circumstances, or the consequences of wrong choices - dictate pace to us. Often, though, the reckless pace of our lives is our own fault, as we chase after the windmill of plenty, prosperity, security, power, or a place of significance. If the goal of our time management system is designed to cram more accomplishment into our day, then our focus is on tasks and not on the relationship that gives meaning to those tasks. We must look to the pace in our lives and govern it prudently. It strengthens not only our relationship with God but with all those God has given us. The irony of "more fruit for the kingdom" is often that it demands we be less busy.
-
Ephesians 5:15-17 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
No comments:
Post a Comment