Thursday, January 7, 2010

Housewife/Homemaker/SAHM

Homemaker, Housewife, Stay at Home Mom (SAHM). Which one am I? I was sitting next to an insurance agent the other day and she was asking for my occupation. I said, "Stay at home mom." She said without even blinking, and then started typing, "Housewife." She filled in my occupation - Housewife - like three other times on my application. No, I have no problem with that, but it really made me start thinking about it. I asked Bobby what he thought I was and he said Homemaker. I didn't even include that in my mind list until he said it. I guess I am a little of all those titles. Just a stay at home mom leaves out my husband and other duties (I feel). A housewife makes me feel that I am leaving out my kids and all their duties. A homemaker is a little better but then sounds like I am leaving out my husband and kids. I will try to come up with some really great title and maybe this title will become universal and empower women everywhere to be this great wife and mom that stay at home. I doubt I will come up with anything. Like I said, I am proud to be a housewife. Not a desperate housewife, either. That is another story!
-
Tami - Housewife

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you rock at ALL those jobs, sister. miss you!!!