Friday, January 8, 2010

New Game




The above pic is the kids playing Twister, with Uncle Matt, BY THE RULES! Normally when I play with them, I let them get their right and left mixed up. Not Uncle Matt. He yells, "your'e OUT!" Then he sends Charlie to escort that person off of the mat. That is NOT the new game I am talking about.
-
The new game that we just bought is called Stare, Junior. I had never heard of it before. Bobby brought it home after Christmas for $9, Target. We love it. There are a stack of picture cards. The person whose turn it is gets to stare at the picture card until the sand timer is out of sand (30 seconds). They try to memorize as much as possible. Then that person rolls the die to see which question they will be asked. The questions are found on the back of the picture card. If you get the answer right, then you get to move that many times on the game board. You keep rolling the die until you do not know the answer or if you roll the same number. Then it is the next players turn. So fun. Charlie loves the sand timer (and he memorizes quite a bit of info from his different cards). This is SOOOO good for Ava, so good. The reasons I love it:
1. Makes you pay attention to detail.
2. Little ones can practice their reading skills.
3. New vocabulary for some.
4. It's different and fun.
It definitely is great for the whole family. Don't think that it is easy! It's lots of fun. The picture cards would be great for story starters. Definitely worth the whole 9 dollars!


1 comment:

4funnyboys said...

Haven't seen that game...will have to get it!! We love to play games and always looking for new ones to try!