Wednesday, December 30, 2009

AFTER
The fairies were SAVED!
BEFORE

Bobbi Marie wanted a room "re-do". She even wanted it for Christmas. We have always said, Nope, we are not repainting your room. It was JUST painted 4 years ago, by a professional! After she wanted it for a Christmas gift, and knew she was really serious, we said, O.K. It was originally going to be this HOT, HOT pink. Then she went back to this aqua color, which I love. I painted her furniture black. Kept the wicker white. Re-arranged some of the furniture and here it is. She still is going to create artwork for that hanging black thing from Ikea and we need to put her books back in the bookcase but for the most part, IT IS DONE! We went back and forth on painting over her fairies that she painted on her wall when she was 8 almost 9. I just couldn't do it! So, I swerved around them. She says that they are so bad and she can do so much better now. I say, I LOVE them and it reminds me of when she first started painting fairies. It would be like painting over part of her childhood. I am just not ready. Not to mention that this is the longest we have ever been in a house. So, to have part of a childhood memory on the wall and be able to preserve it, that is pretty great. If I could get really carried away I would add white, beaded board to the ceiling. But that is a definite NO!



2 comments:

miranda said...

I love the bed! It's so cute! I got my room re-done for Christmas about two years ago. It used to be white walls and light pink embellishments, and Precious Moments pictures (drawn by my aunt) on the wall. I HATED it!!!! So I got it re-done and now the walls are aqua blue, and the room's colors are lime green and blue (my favorite colors when I got it done). It feels so comfy!

Unknown said...

no WAAAAAAY!!!! bobbi marie, that is the same ikea duvet i have!!! THAT REALLY MAKES ME GIGGLE. what a pretty room! now i want to paint my walls that color. can you come do it? with the fairies? i am SURE glad you didn't paint over them. they're original artwork, and you'll have to get your uncle to remove that section of drywall if you ever move. now for that beadboard...