

I saw this pelican while I was out shopping. A Florida store, of course. Yes, it is so not me but so my Dad. I had to buy it. That is a real strange thing about holidays, birthdays etc. I am still not used to NOT buying a gift or a card for him. I loved crossing off his name with some really great gift that I got him. He was about the easiest person to buy for. Cards that would make him laugh or gifts that would make him smile, all that stuff that I took for granted. Another reminder to squeeze the ones you love, don't get "stressed" about buying another gift (I really do miss that), take lots of pics (who cares if everyone has their eyes closed), and just love each other. You never know who will be taken from your life. Love with all your heart, soul and might. His gift to me will always be that one day I will see him again. I store that in my heart forever. The best gift in the world. Note: the pelican will not last long. It will probably be hit by a soccer ball, fall forward and break. That's o.k. Those who knew my Dad knows he wouldn't care a lick if something broke. Especially by a kid playing ball! That kid was ALWAYS the "best boy in Brooklyn!"
1 comment:
That's a mighty fine looking pelican!:) I'm still crazy about your gnome bird bath - he's the greatest...well, really the ugliest but I love him!:)
Post a Comment