Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Cleaning


Does Charlie look like he's getting ready to pick his nose? Think so.
-
Here is a Solar System project. All the kids participated in the making of it. We even had a flash light that could go on the back of it to make it look all spectacular and stuff. I think it was my friend, Jill (?), that told me what to do with ALL of our projects. She said to take a pic of it, with the kids, then throw it. Yes, I do keep some that really meant something to someone but for the most part I do just that, throw it. Since I have been homeschooling, I have noticed that the school area around the holidays is pretty crazy. I look at our pics after Christmas has come and gone, and it looks as if I do absolutely NO housekeeping. All I can see is crazy stuff in the background of all our pics. Yes, my classroom is in the same room as our family room. Heck, in my house everything is in the same room. I call it the big farm house. No one has any privacy unless you lock yourself up in your bedroom. Anyways, with Christmas approaching, I have cleaned up the school area. Which means I have gone through projects that we have had since the beginning of the year, and have thrown them. The kids aren't sad a bit to see them go. They also know I have made room for new projects. Maybe this year the background of our Christmas pics will look all clean and tidy? Maybe.

1 comment:

Jill said...

so proud of you!:) Will we regret throwing away those precious projects when the kids are grown???