Friday, March 27, 2009

Garden King with a Mullet





About a month ago, Bobby trimmed the butterfly garden back. It looked terrible!!! There was nothing there except pine needles and our plants that looked like naked sticks. "Weeds" started to pop through. However, I can not tell the difference between the beginning signs of a milkweed or candlestick or scorpion plants from real weeds. So, everything is popping up and I'm waiting to pull depending what it is or not. And thank goodness I waited! On some little, itty bitty milkweed (we are talking one inch high) there are monarch catepillars. It is funny because I have not seen a ton of the butterflies but the catepillars and chrysalis are everywhere. Along with the monarch catepillars are varieties of the sulphur catepillars. Here are some pics of a little of what is going on in our yard. The yellow/greenish catepillar is just getting ready to form a chrysalis. And of course, that is "Garden King" with a new mullet from a clipping. Isn't he HOT (especially with his Tami tattoo??!) Oh yeah! There is a button on the right, growing naturally. She has a cool site that will mail you sunflower seeds to grow. They then will have you track bees with a bee chart that you download. It is part of a bee research project. Seems very cool and we can't wait to get our seeds in the mail! Well, happy day. We are off for a week's adventure to see family and friends. No blogging for awhile. Can't wait to get caught up when we are home. Until next time......

2 comments:

Jill said...

love Bobby's new hair....I think the mullet is going to make a comeback!:) Love all your creatures in your backyard!!

Unknown said...

loooove it! i bet his momma likes seeing him with a mullet again, too! have an awesome trip - and thank you for sharing; these are AWESOME pics!!