Came across this poem this weekend. I heard it years ago but forgot about it.
I tried to teach my child from books he only gave me puzzled looks. I tried to teach my child with words, they passed him by, oft unheard. Despairingly I turned aside, how shall I teach this child, I cried. Inside my hand he placed the key, Come, he said, and play with me.
How often do I hit a "wall" with my children and realize it's just my undivided attention they want in their world. For each child of mine it is different. I have one that loves to play babies, barbies. Another that loves to play tag, throw a ball and find bugs. Another that loves to play tickle and read books. Still another that wants to tell me stories while we draw or do a craft. So unique and really so easy to please. Today I will play.....
2 comments:
oh, man. oh man.
Such true words.
Post a Comment