Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bad Word!!!

Tonight we went to the library. Ava went to the new section for easy readers. Her first, sorta, chapter books. Or that is what she calls them. She is half way through her Kindergarten year and she can't stand that she is not as fast as a reader like her older sister. Anyways, she checked out her 5 books with her own card, each book having its own bookmark. It is late. Light is still on in her bedroom, that she shares with her brothers. She jumps down off the top bunk to announce she can no longer read this book because it has a bad word in it. Cooper and I shoot straight up and say, "what's the bad word?" Ava says, "a bad one". "Which one, Ava?" Ava says,..."HELL!" Cooper and I say show us. She flips through her book and shows us, he'll. Cooper starts howling in chuckles as I am trying to explain to her that the word is he will, not hell. She still thinks he'll is a bad word. The apostrophe lesson seems kinda early. So, sweet Ava, is really reading. I told her that tomorrow I will sit and read with her just to make sure there are not any bad words.

1 comment:

Jill said...

oh sweet little Ava - she is so funny!!