Friday, February 27, 2009

Guess what Bobby found?!!??











Oh my word, Bobby comes home with a little surprise!! He said, keep the dogs in the house and had something wrapped up in his jacket. He said it found him. It came up to him at school. That sounds a little fishy. Well, it is a baby squirrel that just LOVED Bobby. Of course, Bobby thought it was the sounds he made that might have sounded like it's mother. Some chirping noise, I don't think it sounded like a mother squirrel at all! I think it was the hair on his arms that made the squirrel fall in love with him. I have to say, it was cute, but a little strange to have a squirrel so needy. We fed it a liquid mixture of salt, sugar and water. Then we fed it some suflower seeds. Super sweet. We thought about keeping it for a split second. Then Bobby said his goodbyes and brought this little baby to the animal rescue. They were thrilled to get such a healthy baby and said we made a good choice in not keeping it. Super sweet little guy or girl, maybe it will remember us when we meet again, hopefully, in some park. Or should I say, it will remember it's step-dad (Bobby) when he chirps at his little friend.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, too cute. does he want to come "rescue" the baby bunnies in the ground in front of our house before the coyotes do?

Jenny said...

Ok Peed in my pants - I can just see bobby chirping. LOL - Bob thanks for making me laught! Love you guys and miss ya tons :)

abbiegrace said...

Wow! a squirrel!

I love the banner photo--great shadows.
Also---great to see the Charlotte Mason quote on your sidebar. You & I might have some of the same views on children/education!

Take care,
Abbie

Anonymous said...

That must be the cutest little baby animal ever, ever! Clever of you to figure out what to feed it too :)