Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baking

It takes a five year old to shout out, "Look, there's a smiley face in the bowl!"  Yes, you are right, I see it.
He told his daddy  about this smiley face when he got home from work.  It went something like this…"the tan sugar was the smile and the one egg on this side and another egg over there on the white sugar and there was a smiley face."  Glad I took a picture.  

 And this smiley face looks so natural, doesn't it?
 While Charlie was making cookies, Ava was making banana bread.  A one bowl banana bread recipe!
This is what we do a lot of while the two older ones are at cross country.  I am going to be one chubby mamma.  I know I don't have to eat all this stuff but I do not have that type of willpower, yet!  :)  Plus we are getting good use out of all our fresh eggs from the girls.   (That is another story.  Those naughty chickens are starting to FLY OVER the fence to the front of the house!)  They keep us on our toes and are a constant reminder that we have no clue what we are doing with farm chickens!!!???!?




1 comment:

4 SOUTHERN BLOOMS said...

That is a riot!!! I can totally see the happy face! I also love the fact the miss. Jenny is flying over the fence- u better watch that one. She is sneaky....... Just like in summer camp when she snuck out. Miss u guys so much and wish u were closer.