Happy Birthday, Grandma! It certainly doesn't seem that you are 93. You truly look the same to me. That is a compliment. You are as witty as ever and we were so happy to spend your special day with you.
There was no piano bench so we stacked two chairs on top of each other.
And since Grandma used to play the violin, she requested Ava to play her violin. Ava is the girl that works best under pressure. I am telling you she can go straight through a song (and not mess up) when there are strangers watching.
Yes, this is during the "show". Cooper did magic and wanted to do a card trick for Grandma. Did he ask to have them clear the table? I don't know but I don't remember this delay for table clearing. Don't you love the hat? It had a sticker on it, very visible, that said - made in China.
This is his Milk to Silk trick. Poor guy, it didn't work! And I left the milk in the car (yes, a HOT summer day). So, he used punch, poured it on the wrong side, etc……we giggled and giggled. I am not sure if the crowd were even sure he messed up. ????
The grand finale was spelling GRANDMA with a poem and then the kids would make the letters with their bodies. They loved it.
I had the chance to meet some wonderful people that day. It is so nice to be around people who, for the most part, don't have a care in the world. They have time to sit and talk, in fact they want more time to sit and talk. They ask the kids names, their ages, they just sit and stare at them. I know that memories of their own families just go through their head. I felt this heavy stare on me most of the time. She was an older lady sitting just diagonal from me. I would turn and she would just smile. Not turn away but just this sweet smile that spoke louder than words. She just was lost in our little family and I truly felt like the luckiest person alive. We went there that day to encourage Grandma, but I left encouraged and motivated to enjoy these precious moments. We had punch, cookies, all that good 'ol fashioned birthday food. It was a splendid day……a special reminder to live in the here and now.

No comments:
Post a Comment