Saturday, August 6, 2011

Clouds



I know I am not the only one in love with clouds!  I love that each and every single day (unless you have a cloud free sky) you are guaranteed different clouds.   There is something so glorious about looking up and seeing God's handiwork.    When my dad died I took such comfort in the sky.  Not just the day sky but the night sky.  It seemed that it brought me more comfort than almost anything else.  I know that one day we are told in the Bible that our God will come back in the clouds.  His clouds, for me during that time, were a reminder that it would be o.k.   Another reminder that God is in control.    I still find such peace in the sky.  It is not the "sky" but the creator of all things that made they sky.    I think my love for clouds has been passed to the kids.  I was going through the pics and found these random pics of the beautiful sky.  I am sure it might have been Bobbi.  That is one of my goals in mothering…..to give to them an appreciation for God's nature, His creation.  To always take time and notice the things around you.  Kinda that old saying,   take time to stop and smell the roses.  Is that the saying?    Those small things amongst the big things that we want our kids to take with them into adulthood.  God's beauty is worth noticing each and every single day.    I also think it helps keep things in perspective.   There are not a lot of constants in our lives but God is the same yesterday, today and forever.   -

Lamentations 3:22-23  It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.  They are NEW EVERY MORNING; Great is His Faithfulness.
 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Amazing...just yesterday in the car I told the kids to look out the window and look at the clouds. I couldn't believe how beautiful they were! Then this morning in my devotions I just read the verses about God coming back in the clouds...I love when God does that!