Sunday, September 12, 2010

Busy Season

Beautiful night. Bobbi had her first cross country meet on Friday night. It was a late race and a muddy race. I felt bad for some of the parents whose kids have never been a part of the CC team before. They were questioning all the paramedics, the mud, the heat. It was just a really hard night. People were passing out, loosing shoes, you name it. After saying all that, our team did awesome. They were all very nervous/anxious. They had to sit around for so long before they ran. And it was just HOT! Like I tell Bobbi, you have been training and we have prayed over you. There is nothing else you can do. Relax and run hard. AND give the glory to GOD!
Go Go Go!!!!!

There were over 50 schools at this race. So many people and so much mud.


Did I say mud or what?



and soccer season started! We have a new member playing soccer, CHARLIE! What a cutie, I just think he is darling (I am his mom). In order for him to play, I had to coach. That would be me in the background. Charlie just loves it. I had to go to this practice early so I could watch another coach play "games". My first practice I was more of a drill Sergeant. After a not so fun practice I knew I needed to lighten up and have some fun. Let's just say we might not win a game but we sure will have fun! My thought is this, they are five and six year olds (Charlie is 4) and they need to like soccer. Typically if you are good at something, you usually love it and try hard. So, if I can get the kids to love it maybe then they will play hard? At least that is what I am thinking. So, busy season of sports has started. We are up and running (literally) and staying as knitted together as possible.




No comments: