Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine Tea (and pink punch)

My girls. Decorating is half the fun. Yummy Pink Punch (that is really it's name). Cranberry ginger ale and raspberry sherbert.

The doll table.

We hosted a little tea party - dolls invited. It was lots of fun. The big hit was the yummy punch and the strawberries. Strawberries with sugar, heavy cream and whipped cream. Oh my! Of course, I pulled out my thrift store "crystal finds". This year I went on Wednesday (1/2 off glassware) and bought a SET of dishes (sweet, old china) for $5.00. It is beautiful. I let the girls bring home their tea cups and saucers. Fine china, indeed! We made pink and red pom poms and tried to make the straw, yarn bracelets. I think the best part was just playing around after the tea! Lots of clinking and clanking, pinkies up, and little giggles. Fun afternoon.
-
P.S. Boys were fine. They stayed outside, played with sticks, jumped over ropes, rolled in mud and had left over cupcakes.



No comments: