Friday, May 1, 2009

A Teacher's Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept each child as You created them, the courage to lovingly guide them in Your footsteps, and the faith to grow in Your grace. - A Teacher's Prayer.....and this pic is just to accept the fact that Cooper is really great at paddle ball. He would rather do paddle ball than read a book. Don't gasp, but it is true. He doesn't even need to look and can do it over and over and over and over again. I will accept this and still lovingly guide him, and the others, of course. The whole point here is that each of my children are SO different. It does take prayer and wisdom from my Heavenly Father EACH DAY to point them to the cross. When I fail to do this, the courage to say I am sorry and start again. The sorry part is easy. The starting again is a little harder. It is that feeling of making sure they get it. Guiding them not forcing them to wisdom in HIS footsteps. That is the part of our "schooling" that I hope and pray will always be written on their hearts. If they don't get math for the day or week, oh well! We'll keep trying. But, do they get God's love and who God is? Do they get how important prayer is and reading His Word? That is my main focus. The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. What is your main thing for homeschooling????? When I come back to my "main thing" it is easier to be the kind of mom and teacher I want to be and most importantly who God wants me to be. Just to make you think, I don't need an answer.....

1 comment:

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

You've hit the nail on the head. Go by yourself a paddleball, and paddleball together....see who can do it the longest, how about while running?, or behind your back?