Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Picnic





It wasn't today but yesterday and what a beautiful day it was. My in-laws have this perfect campsite. The thing about camping is that you get time to talk, walk, explore, eat....what more could you need or want? Late afternoon the tide went out and the fiddler crabs were everywhere. Nan helped the kids explore in the grass flats and in the sand. Jellyfish and horseshoe crabs were some of the things found. Bobby's dad, being the retired science teacher, already had a large stone placed in the ground from the morning tide and as a marker to watch how much the tide changed. He also had another marker from where he had caught an 8 pound red fish! For those of you who don't know, that is big for right of the shore! Good for him, today is his birthday. Happy Birthday Poppa!!! The kids are going back tomorrow to spend the night. They can't wait. Ava wants another family of crabs, Cooper wants to fish, Charlie likes to dig and Bobbi loves this very dangerous hammock. It was a relaxing day. It is great to be a mom. There is nothing else I would rather do or nowhere else I would rather be than with my little ones. Today I received mint green pearls, homemade cards and a t-shirt with hand prints. They rubbed my feet, arms and legs. We went swimming and I was the only one allowed on the spider float for a couple of minutes (that is a really big deal). Then Charlie joined me. I even got the Special Day plate for dinner. I am truly blessed. Thank you, Jesus, for family.....

1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks like a fun relaxing day!