The gift of finding valuable or agreeable things not looked for
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Happy Birthday, Dad
Today is my Dad's birthday. He would be 69. Every year we would have him over for dinner on his special day with a homemade cake made by the kids. And we ALWAYS had ice cream. This is the first year that I have made his cake without him here. I figured I would keep his day special and celebrate him and what he meant to all of us. It is still hard to really think about him but it is necessary to talk aloud about him so the kids remember who he was and what he was. Extremely creative, very funny, thoughtful, giving, selfless. Just the other day Bobbi Marie had a pretty good question about the Bible. I did not know the answer. I said if your Pappa was here he would explain it and show you where the answer was in the Bible. His knowledge of the Bible was amazing. I miss him. The pics I have are some of my favorites. The one just of him sitting on the phone reminds me of him. Building plans rolled up all over the house, pencils, rulers, pads of paper with phone numbers. I never thought much of it but now the kids will roll the plans out and pretend they are looking for treasures. The simple things are what your heart holds on to. He will always be a part of me. That deep down part of your soul that makes up who you are. So, this birthday without him is just another reminder of how wonderful heaven will be. To see my Jesus and hug my Dad, again. Happy Birthday......
1 comment:
what a beautiful and fitting way to honor your precious dad, friend.
Post a Comment