Friday, May 8, 2009

Still Praying

I am amazed that each year that comes, the Lord has still called us to homeschool. My husband and I never said we would homeschool til the end or felt that we did not think that the schools around us could not teach our children. We simply felt and knew in our hearts that we were called to homeschool each year as it came. Simply for the fact that we felt that this was what was right for our kids. Each year we re-evaluate, pray and ask for the Lord's direction. The worst thing would be to homeschool and not be called by the Lord to homeschool. Sounds crazy but true!!! It is like anything, why do anything if the Lord is not in it, even homeschooling. I want my children to know that we love the Lord so much that we leave it up to Him to let us know and make the right decision. We have never said that real school is bad, wrong, why? One day they could be there, if that is where the Lord wants them. There are wonderful people who teach to make a difference in some child's life. One day, one of these people could be your child. Ever thought about that? One day your child could want to be a real school teacher. To be used where God wants you is the only place to be truly successful. School is not bad. My goal in life is to disciple my kids so they can be a shining light and love others more than themselves. To be brave, courageous, honorable citizens. I have to give up ownership over their schooling every year. I pray that the Lord chooses for us to homeschool. I pray that I will be sensitive to His lead. I give Him complete control. I want Him to be in charge, not me. Searching your heart for His lead in this particular area is very hard. How many of us just assume that we know what is right for our kids until the very end? That is assuming we have control, not God. God is good. I TRUST Him.

No comments: