District Meet
This is the 800 open. (and of course, God Bless America) I love the big, gigantic flags on a windy day…..
Track friends. They have made it through the whole track season with each other. Silly boys.
Pretty sure this is the 4 x 4 relay.
This is the same 4 x 4 team as the 4 x 8 team.
Bobbi and Jordyn. Sweet friends. Now they move on to Regionals. Running is such a quirky sport. You have the wind, the track, the sun, your attitude, so many things that can make a difference in the event. Early on we learned to take it in stride, remember that all is done to glorify God (even track), do your best and have fun. Learn from the bad days and the good days.
My Cooper's season is much shorter. Another reason why I tell all middle schoolers just to try track. It is not long just in case you don't like it. It will be over before you know it. However, Cooper likes track. Let's just say Cooper likes just about anything. He likes to wake up and then likes everything until he goes to bed. He thoroughly enjoys life.
Cooper's season is over. I love how I wave from the bleachers and even if he is embarrassed he still waves back, that's my boy! I would blow him a kiss if I didn't think that he would die. Knowing Cooper he would blow me a kiss back (next year I will try it). He reached his goal for the mile. His second to last mile was a 6:02 . He wanted to get in the fives. His last run he made a 5:57. Good job, Cooper!!! You put in the time and it paid off. I love you and am very proud of you. You bring a smile to my face and heart.
What will we do with our time when track is over?


No comments:
Post a Comment