Thursday, September 8, 2011

October Fever!!!



I know it is only the beginning of September, BUT….the beginning of September is like the beginning of a whole new season!  You know….the month right  before Halloween.   September makes me want to start "Fall" decorating.  Soon, like next week, I will add some leaf looking stuff.  The spider webs will wait until October (at least the fake spider webs, I always have real ones).  
 Yes, October also means, CANDY!  Or should I say, Candy Corn.  Out for everyone to see and eat.

Along with obnoxious amounts of candy we also eat cake (or bowls of ice cream).  We have lots of family members with birthdays in October.  Bobbi Marie, my mother -in-law and mine, not to mention that Charlie's is Nov. 1, lots of cake.   I found this pic of my birthday cake last year.  My sweet husband made this.  You might think this looks all icky and stuff but it was DELICIOUS!  And since my husband made it, the presentation is gorgeous.  I am just surprised the right age is on it.  Typically we use any number that we can find.  Sometimes I could have a cake with 62 on it.  I am proud of him for digging out the right numbers.  By the way, this is a bowl of ice cream mixed with oreos and cool whip.  Super delicious!!!!   I never thought I would have October fever, but I do.  :)

No comments: