It is an all new season when you go from having one kid in Cross Country to two kids in Cross Country! I forget how cute and non serious 6th graders are. This is Cooper and his best friend, TJ.
This course was a "true" cross country course, full of hills, mud, sand and even horse manure! It was tough but fun (for me, probably not them). Bobbi looked good.This is Cooper. Don't you love the other boy is double his size! Just because you are on the JV team does not mean you are running against JV age boys. There are some high schoolers running along side Cooper.
Finishing strong. That's my boy!! Always finish strong, my son.
These two were loosing their energy right at this point. We started this Saturday at about 5:15 a.m. Think they are ready for a nap. I just thought it was so cute that both of their buns could fit on that small igloo. I wouldn't even dare try to fit my one pair of buns on that. What a scene that would cause.
We are off to a great start. Everyone did awesome. Each runner has their own goal. For some it is to compete and for others it is to complete. Out of 15 or so schools, our school was the only school to not have anyone drop out of the race. Considering we had 38 runners, that is a big accomplishment. For some, this was their first meet ever. I was so proud of the whole team. So proud of my running stars (you two know who you are ;) Until next time, keep running, "beat that girl", "you're almost there!", "you can do it", "you look great"……those are the things the kids shout out to the runners. I mean really, what do you say to someone who is running in a race for encouragement? I still remember when I was in high school and the aerobics teacher, CiCi was her name, would shout out, "Don't forget to breathe!" Like I would forget to breathe. I always thought that was kinda funny. So, my kids know that whatever we say, we say in love and by no means do we think it is going to make them run faster. Love you runner people!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment