Wednesday, July 13, 2011

God Bless America

A little late posting of our 4th of July.  We had a wonderful evening filled with food, pool and dynamite!
 Of course, my Bobbi takes pics of things that I wouldn't think of taking.  Our food and our flags.  Speaking of flags…..take a look at the wreath on my back door.  It is made of chicken wire.  I bought it at a tag sale for I think 25cents.  I thought is was a pretty cool idea (and it was cheap).

 Seems to be our newest annual celebration for the fourth and New Year's Eve.  Our backyard fireworks.  I sometimes have to turn away.  Fire, matches, kids…..yikes.
 Then husband says, "who thinks they can jump over that???"  You know they all can.  And they all try!
 Crazy pic.  Looks like each one has a twin.  My camera didn't know what to do.  It was dark, flickers of light, etc.  And we all know if my camera doesn't know what to do, I certainly don't know what to do!  I just say, "wait, the camera says it's busy."  My camera really does say that, BUSY.
 I think our chairs started off a little too close.  Nan and Papa love the action.
 My busy camera did some pretty cool shots.   Charlie is super duper cool!
 I kinda look like I have a magic wand.  Don't I wish! :)
 Crazy A.  But look, there are two of her!
And we ended our night with a handful of sparklers.  We did not have a parade with horses, nor did we have the big shooting fireworks that actually leave the ground (even though we did see some from the beach area), but we had fun.  This year Cooper bought his own fireworks from his own stash of money (you know he does mow the lawn for money to spend on stuff like this).  A whole $10 worth.  So, he had his own show going.  I am telling you, it was spectacular!    Truly, God bless America.   A wonderful country that was founded on Godly principles.

No comments: