Morning time - Summer time. I am not a big morning cooker. I know, the thought of waking up early and letting the kids start their day with a hot breakfast sounds divine, I try, but it usually doesn't happen. During the summer, however, I have more time to whip up something fancy. Fancy being plain 'ol french toast or handcakes (that is what Charlie calls them). BTW, that butter lite syrup is pretty good. You can't even tell the difference.
And summer time I have all sorts of extra helpers to help with cooking and laundry. This laundry thing does NOT make for NON-wrinkled clothes. When the kids were little I used to put the youngest in the basket and cover them with clothes. We would pretend that they were baby Moses floating down the Nile River in a papyrus basket. I think some kids, AVA, still think they are itty bitty and can still pretend to be baby moses. Like I said, this makes for some pretty wrinkled clothes. BUT summer clothes don't look so bad with wrinkles, right?Forget summer clothes. I should say all day summer p.j. bottoms. No shirt, of course. Teeth brushed, maybe. We supposedly start school next week. This should be a pretty hard schedule to break. Am I ready? YES. A part of me says, "It's time!" Our stayvacation has been wonderful, but the STAY part is making me a little crazy. I, mom, need some normalcy. Is that a word? probably not. That is my stayvacation talking. So, cheers to a wonderful season that must come to an end.
The word "season" always makes me think of this verse…..Galations 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. AMEN! (What a great MOM verse)

No comments:
Post a Comment