Fine. I like the Duggars. I will admit it. You might think the show is boring or not worth watching. I find the show to be encouraging on what our children should act like and how to treat each other. Some things I have observed :
* They rarely say anything negative about anyone, even their siblings! You no good darn well, if the producer wanted to get them saying something rotten, they definitely would get it on t.v. And it would be on all the previews for the show. I have even seen the camera men try to "set" them up for a nasty comment. I have yet to see them give in to it.
* Start counting how many times they say encouraging, encourager, anything to do with that character trait. They say it a lot!
* They constantly talk about their faith. I don't even know what their "faith" is, but they constantly talk about God's Word and how everything goes back to the Bible. All of their "convictions" they seek answers from the Bible.
* The do much with very little. They don't dress all fancy or have the nicest clothes. Yet, their kids do seem happy and content. They go against the tide with their own families opinions but it doesn't effect how they feel about others who don't "think" the way they do.
* They, for the most part, always are smiling and have a look that is just kind on their faces. They look to be confident. And they are the first ones to say that they are who they are because of the Lord.
* Their definition for success is loving God with all your heart, soul and mind. Loving and helping others. Whatever vocation you choose to do, as long as you do the above, you are successful. Isn't that what true success is?
I do realize that you never know what really goes on in some one's home (I really do know that!) But so far they have not let the lime light affect them like other families have let the lime light affect them. Michelle Duggar has such a soft, sweet temperament. Seriously! It is just amazing.
I am intrigued by the Duggars. I wonder sometimes if there were camera crews in our home, what footage they would get for a really good show. Because of this, I am really starting to watch the way my kids react to each other and to me. Is it a soft answer or is it a harsh answer. It isn't so much what you say but how you say it. Are they encouraging to each other? Are they respectful to each other? How much do I point them to the Bible on a regular basis, not just a family devotion, but actually reading His Word for what it is? In today's society, I can not think of another show that makes me want to be a better mom, christian, Bible reader, parent. Can you? If so, let me know. Call me a geek, but I watch that show!
No comments:
Post a Comment