Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Love Getting Packages!












I knew right from the beginning that what I had ordered for Ava was all wrong! Her phonics, grammar curriculum was not doing it's job. In fact, it was making things worse. So, I ordered her new material, which I have yet to receive, but I did get one of my packages from Queen Homeschool Supplies. Love the checklist from the book, Preparing to be a Helpmeet. It really is preparing for life! I had to teach myself almost everything I do as a wife and mother. I intentionally try to teach my girls as much as I can to prepare them to be a wife and a mother. There are checklists from being in the yard, kitchen, childcare, around the house, helpful things to know, spiritual issues, and blessing your husband. It is simple and easy. Bobbi Marie loves checklists so this is perfect for her. And the best part it was only like $3.00! Queen Supplies also has this Bible journal I got for Cooper. It has you read scripture then ask questions to make you think on what the Bible is saying. Simple and sweet. Material World is a really cool book and I knew I would love it from the description. It is about people around the world, what they have, what they do, what they eat. They even have all the different toilets from around the world! I just love this book. Last but not least, I bought these Life of Fred books for Cooper and Bobbi. It came highly recommended, even though I have NEVER heard of them. It is in story form and so far I am quite amazed by the info. It starts with fractions then moves right on up to Calculus (different books, of course). For my Bobbi Marie it does a great job with all the terms that comes with the higher math. So, it feels as if I just got back from the homeschool convention. And I still have another big box to receive! My lesson learned is this, go with my gut and buy what I originally thought would work best. In my searching for what to do with Ava led me to some wonderful books that I would have not otherwise found. God is good! HE didn't let me get too sidetracked before I realized I needed to go with what He was giving me peace about in the first place. I need to let HIM lead wherever HE decides to lead. Even in making a decision on curriculum!



No comments: