To kick off our spring break we headed off to Lake Louisa State Park in Clermont.
We did not camp but stayed in a cabin. There were no mice, I could cook and we could all fit on different beds! A big difference from our other "camping" experiences. Very beautiful. This park has a chain of about 5 large lakes. The best part was standing on this dock and catching these little fish with bread balls.
The day before we went to downtown Clermont to walk through their Sunday town sale. Just lovely. Ava got her new headband that she is wearing. I will post pics on that later.
and……the Florida Alligator! They were everywhere. That is one reason we stayed on the dock. They would be perched up on the banks, growling (or whatever sound they make) from the cat tails. This is a pic I took without zooming in. When I say close, I mean close!
This was the only scary part of the trip (besides the alligators). They said they had a swimming spot. We got in our bathing suits and headed to the "sandy" area. It was frightening. The plague in the Bible that the water turned to blood was all I could think of. We walked out and turned around. We didn't say a word to each other.
I think Bobby has a grin on his face, I am making a bee line to the car. Icky Vicky! Besides the blood lake, we had a great time doing a bunch of fishing, walking, talking, eating. LOVE Clermont. Super hilly and quaint. Bobby wants to start visiting state parks and checking them off as we go. I think he is on a mission.
Happy Spring!!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment