Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Absolute Truth

With my children am I teaching that there is absolute truth?  If we are believers in Christ and believe God's Word to be 100% accurate and God breathed, by golly…..there is absolute truth.  There is truth, there is a absolutely right thing to do and an absolutely wrong thing to do.  Sometimes you hear, "It is o.k. for that person to do that, whatever makes them happy, whatever feels good to them is o.k."  According to God's Word, no, it is not o.k. to live with your boyfriend, it is not o.k. to go party with your friends and do some things that are very questionable.  What does the Bible say about that?   Hate the sin, love the sinner.  We are to be new creatures in Christ, old things are passed away, behold all things are new.  We are to put on the new body, which is after God created in righteousness and true holiness.   With truth there is a fine line of not judging other people or even myself.  I do struggle with that.  I don't want to be mediocre and accept the sin ( as if it is o.k.) on the other hand I do not want to be holier than thou and walk as if I am on better ground.   I pray daily to see people how God sees people.  I am probably worse on myself than anyone or anything.  That still is no excuse!  God is a God of grace, love, mercy, forgiveness.  My heart needs to be checked daily,  minute by minute.  We are to bear witness of the Holy Spirit that fills us when we accept Jesus as Savior.  Love the sinner.  God, humble me.   My kids humble me every day.  They challenge me to fight the fight even harder.  The battle between good and evil.  I am so tired of mediocre.  So very tired of it!  It is disgusting.  As my kids get older, I pray that they choose (every day) whom to serve.  Every day, Satan desires their thoughts and actions to just be good.  Christ desires their thought and actions to be what others would say is impossible.  When anything is just good, o.k., mediocre it isn't the best.  God's best is usually crazy spectacular!

No comments: