Monday, January 30, 2012

Things Made

This is the Green Monster Smoothie (from Pinterest)….
 It is 1/4 vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup milk, 1tbl peanut butter, 1sliced banana, about 3 cups spinach, 8 ice cubes.  Blend…..
 Surprisingly, it is sweet and yummy and I find myself craving it,  which probably means I have a deficiency of some sort.  ???
 And Bobbi made Charlie a lion mask with a paper plate and construction paper.  He wears it and tries to scare you, paws the ground,  roars -  you know, like a real lion.  When he takes it off he is so sweaty.  He asked Bobbi to make holes by his nose.  Bobbi is going to make the best mom.
 Bobbi takes pics of all sorts of stuff.  Since she was itty bitty, I would make the first initial of her name with pancake mix.  They all love it.  I wonder how much longer my teenager will love her pancake with her initial????
 This is us in the kitchen doing a little shimmy shimmy.  Ava is my sidekick and gets me going.
 Look at my husbands face.  He just rolls his eyes at me (in love), Sometimes I can get him going, too.  Then it is all downhill from there.
Today is another day at the grocery to see what we will be cookin' this week.  I first have to check all my coupon spots, make the list, then decide what meals will work.  For the past couple of weeks, I have been going to Pinterest to find my recipes.  Let's say that a chuck roast is on sale.  My kids typically are not crazy about my roast.  The traditional roast with potatoes and carrots, etc.  So, on pinterest I will search for Chuck Roast Crock pot recipe.  And out jumps dozens of recipes.  It makes me a little more excited about cooking because so far, the change has been nice!  After all that, then I go shopping.  That is a long process BUT we eat out far less,  I am not dragging my feet to cook the same 'ol same 'ol, and we save MONEY!  Saving money is good, overspending is bad.  And my dinner is always a surprise, except for the ones who are helping me cook, obviously.  I keep it a surprise so they don't have to think about, for example, chuck roast for dinner.  I just set it in front of them and say - Eat!, it's good, try it.  Then they usually eat it all up like good little children (most of the time).

No comments: