Bobbi has been working so hard in school. When you homeschool, and then that child goes off and has to be accountable to someone else for their work, it makes you wonder…..Can they do it? Have I been teaching them what they need or more importantly - have I been teaching them how to learn and find the answers themselves? (because you know, we never know all the answers, EVER, so you need to know in life how to work and figure it out and come up with your best)
We prayed and prayed about Bobbi's first year in high school. What to do? The Lord is good and knew exactly the perfect fit. Her class meets once a week and the rest of the week she is home. It is challenging…..two AP classes and one CLEP test. We told her, go for it! Lots of writing, lots of reading and lots of work. She has risen to the task. Now, we are working on showing grace and love during the tough deadlines. See, God is good. I wish when I was a teenager I would have learned that before I left my house. I had to learn it married and working and all that other stuff that seemed so tough but was really just wonderful. Perspective. This is Bobbi's emerging Nationalism project. Ava decided she needed a pic so in case in the future she needed to show a project she could "borrow" Bobbi's. No, it does not work like that but I do love her with the flags. Ava, of course, was extremely attracted to the project because Bobbi used bright, red glitter.
And our road is being paved! Wow! such mixed feelings. We are like the only road left where we live that has not been paved. In the "city" we live sorta in the country. Our back tires stir up the dust, we make mud pies in the dirt road. Well, soon to be no more. I think we might even have sidewalks! We are so modern.
In the late afternoons or weekends, we snoop on the work. Hey, it is our street, no one comes down here except for 2 neighbors, unless someone is lost or you are our friend, or our neighbor's friends. The dirt climb. Ava loves glitter and dirt. This is exactly what I did every weekend when I was a kid. My Dad was a builder/developer, so he would have empty roads with piles of dirt while they were excavating. Then as a high schooler, I truly sold the dirt. Big trucks would come and I would receipt their dirt all the while I was getting a tan. Mind you, after the dirt came beautiful homes. I liked the dirt work the best. Actually, I like being with my Dad the best.
Ava and Cooper are doing the curriculum, Beautiful Feet Geography. It is very simple and we only do it like twice a week. My favorite is that they color and label lots of maps. I like maps.
Another game I will recommend. Another game our speech teacher recommended. It is called Perfection. The good 'ol fashioned game. You turn the dial, it ticks while you try to find all the shapes before it pops up. They challenge each other, they get that nervous energy, it is fun. Target used to have it, now they don't. I found mine at Kmart. I don't think it is that hard to find but it is a game one can sit at or many. They take turns, it is educational, and it's fun!
I need posts like this to remind me that in the midst of craziness (with school and work) life is good. It is what you make it. Thanks Jill, for reminding me of the good. Thanks for hanging out with me and being you and***** Happy Birthday! ****** Happy Weekend!!!!!!!!!********
(out of all the pics the girls took, this was the best one)!!! xoxoxox
1 comment:
our back sides was the best picture....ha ha - love it! Thanks for spending the day with us - we all had a blast! Can't wait to come drive on your new road!!
Post a Comment