Last week we went to the zoo with friends. It was such a fun day, hot, but fun. Whenever I am at our local zoo, it gives me that feeling of the olden days, old school, retro kinda feeling.
I think this is the same goat that was there when I was a kid. It's chin hair might have grown. Cooper and Jake were just smashing their faces against it's face. Me not so much. I don't trust those things….They have added rides. But even the rides are so unsafe and so old timey feeling. I mean no buckles of any sort. This is a true, get wet, kind of ride.
I mean, I really got wet! And the tiger roller coaster. It goes around and around with loosey goosey seats. Like you could almost fall out any minute! I did not ride, but look how close I am. I did not zoom in. I am really this close!
The train. It does not go fast, at all. And all are invited to ride. It is not just held special for little kids. All kids are welcome. They sat there and went around and around.
The carousel, of course :) Clay is on an ape! I think Cooper was on an ostrich. Charlie is laughing because when I took this pic, I was leaning on a tiger's bottom. He thought that was so funny.
Whenever I leave the zoo, I think to myself….I should take the kids to the zoo more. It was a fun day.
1 comment:
we went last week too. I had the same thought when we left, "We should go more often"
Post a Comment