Monday, October 17, 2011

Under Foot



I was going through our pics that were just uploaded and noticed the grass picture.  I remember taking it on accident right before the gun went off at one of the kid's cross country meets.  It made me think of the Bible verse in Matthew chapter 5.  We put hand motions to the Sermon on the Mount and memorized 5:1-16.  Verse 13 says…"Ye are the salt of the earth but if the salt have lost it's savor, how shall it be salted?  It is therefore good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be TRODDEN UNDER FOOT OF MEN."  Our hand motions were our hands walking out as if we were walking on grass.  And when a five year old is memorizing Scripture we truly go over the "vocabulary".  What does trodden mean?  Well,  it means to walk on, under foot.   And boy oh boy was this grass trodden on that day.  Runner after runner ran on it.  The grass pic is staying.  I won't delete it.  It is a reminder to not be bad salt but flavorful, in a good way!  Another visual for Charlie (and me).

No comments: