This is our broody chicken!
Broody what? We had to google what in the world was happening to Charlie's chicken. We googled this, "chicken won't leave the coop, makes awful sound when you are near it". The chicken is BROODY, which means MOODY! We read all sorts of things to do. We didn't do too much until the poor chick just looked so sickly. I am scared to death of the chicks, I will just say that right now. And when it was "growling" at me, I didn't go near it. She is looking a little better. It's been about 3 weeks!
Now when the kids go out and bring the other chicks treats, she at least leaves the coop to join them. She is obsessed with all the eggs. I mean as soon as another chick lays an egg, she kicks that chick out and sits on it's egg! Naughty little thing. I feel for her.
1 comment:
I love your chickens and their stories....you guys could never have just a normal animal - it would be way too boring!!:)
Post a Comment