Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Summer Days Have Begun
From Now We Are Six, A.A. Milne (author of Winnie the Pooh)….
What's become of John boy?
Nothing at all,
He played with his skipping rope,
He played with his ball.
He ran after butterflies,
Blue ones and red;
He did a hundred happy things -
And then went to bed.
We have officially started summer, officially. In our home it is the beginning of long mornings, long afternoons, and long evenings. We did make out our annual Summer of Fun list. That is the list where everyone picks two things to "accomplish" during the summer. Something cheap or even free. Really it is a list of deliberate family fun time. For the most part, we hang out. We sweat in the heat, swim, eat lots of popsicles, play ball, ride bikes (alot), play board games, etc. That kind of stuff. There is work, but for us, work doesn't start in the summer, it is a continuation from the school year. Those daily chores continue, plus a little extra. I clean out the school area, shift things around, make ready for new. I am very thankful and blessed to be able to stay home and enjoy summer alongside my children. It is time to do a "hundred happy things" (think simple…..).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for summer!! Although we are still schooling....end of June we will be done!:) It's ok - I need some sort of schedule! I hope we can plan fun things to do with your fam this summer!!
Post a Comment