Monday, May 30, 2011

Because of Winn Dixie…..

"I know your name, now sit down and tell me about yourself so I can see your heart."  From the movie, Because of Winn Dixie.


Let's just pretend that is a picture of Winn Dixie.


This being said by the old lady who can not see.  She sees through the heart.  Isn't that how we should all see?   I love that.  God sees the need, the hurt, the joy, the real stuff inside.  I sometimes see the hair, the clothes, the "fluffy" words, you know what I mean?  I don't mean to, but it happens.  Lord, help me to see people's hearts.  All that other stuff isn't important.   Some of my favorite heart verses:

Proverbs 4:23  Keep thy HEART with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

I Samuel 16:7  But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him:  for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the HEART.

The world has us so consumed with material stuff, just plain 'ol icky stuff.  It is so distracting and meaningless.  It is like a heart challenge  -  Try to see heart things.  All Because of Winn Dixie, not really, it is all because of the Lord but a sweet little reminder through a sweet little movie :)

No comments: