Friday, April 1, 2011
Spring Chicks
Here they are! We bought them a little over a week ago. They were only 3 days old and so, so cute. They are all different breeds, have their own look - Six in all. We had to bring them in at night and keep a light on for them. During these past couple of days (rain and all) they have been in safe keeping in the garage. Of course, I have lots of kids who check in on them, sing to them, hold them. Not sure if the singing part is normal. Ava truly scoops hers up and sings a lullaby to hers. Amazingly, the chick closes it's eyes….either it is scared out of it's mind or it really likes her singing. Wish us luck! This is our second round of chicks. We are better prepared (we think) for these little guys. I will give a CHICK update on occasion. Just looking at these pics, they have almost doubled in size! (Note for my friend, Jenny….you would love these guys, I mean girls. But it does remind me of the chicken trucks in your area and Julia crying because she is scared of them! Is she still scared of them?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ha ha ha - okay I seriously just peed my pants! the part of you describing Ava's as she sings to it and it might scared out of it's mind when it closes it's eyes! ha ha ha :) I love it! You are a riot!!! She does not like the trucks actually none of us do - there must be 100"s at least like 200-300 all piled up in cages and you know where they are headed off to...... Yup dinner! The worst is when you are very close by behind and feathers are flying on your windows! ha ha ha :) truly it is quite an experience. So my other friend just got three of them and it is awesome - her husband built a coop for them! I want some soooo bad - so exciting for your kiddos to enjoy - maybe I will just go and get some and see what Marcus says!
Post a Comment