Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Run, Run, Run
Should have done these pics in reverse…….Don't you love the socks? I love them because I can keep track of her on the track! I can spot her with those on her legs. Bobbi has done an amazing job this year with track. We are so proud of her. Just sticking with it. I can't tell you how many kids just don't stick with it. The excuses that are given are actually a bit funny. Especially in a team sport. Don't sign up for so many team sports if you can't show up. Maybe that is just me. The biggest thing that I love about running is, if you put time in it, it will pay off. If you do summer runs in the heat, if you run on the weekend, not just at practice, it will start paying off. Guess you would call this the discipline of running. The discipline of LIFE? Some things are hard and you have to just stick with it. Growing up in construction, I remember my dad (oh, how I miss him) telling me to just do it. Hard work. It will pay off, eventually. Some of the things I learned was just a solid work ethic. Running is kinda like that. If you sign up, stick with it and be consistent. We are thankful she has friends that are in this sport that do the same. I think they will have a head start in life. Maybe that is just me :) Above all, Bobbi likes it! Could be that she gets to see her Dad every day at practice. That is a perk. Run the race set before you until you see the finish. Isn't that a Bible verse? (Yes, it is.) Of course as a Christian, our race isn't over until we reach the finish line and enter heaven. Wow. What a reward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment