Monday, August 2, 2010

Georgia

Tallulah Gorge, GA. Our annual stop for good old fashioned soda pop and candy. Love this store.
This old guy still freaks Charlie out.

25 cent bowling on Tuesdays in Clarksville, GA. Can't beat it. We had Bobby's mom and dad stay with us for the day. They were vacationing in NC. Fun day.


Love the shoes.

Oh my word, this is the new house of the Cabbage Patch Kid! If you ever saw the old house your mouth would drop like mine did. I swear to you this whole place is filled with cabbage patch kids. Little out of control but lovely.




A Cabbage Patch kid was just born by C-section.


The nursery. Look at Charlie's face!

Dan, Christina and Bryce took us to some great sites north GA. We stay at their cabin when we visit. This is the antique store that we bought................
this gorgeous wedding gown! What was I thinking? Well, this is what I was thinking.....I have my wedding dress all nicely stored away in a box that can NOT be opened. It is sealed for who knows what (like my girls will really want to wear my dress-wishful thinking). There is this dress, all sealed in it's own box in the antique store. It is already cheap, plus it is 20% off. I had a weak moment and bought it for $24.00 You are probably thinking why in the world I spent that much or you could be thinking what a deal! (that is what I thought) We have already had $24 worth of fun. I would have posted Bobbi Marie but it is a little scary because it looks like a real wedding picture.

And our vacation is over. Thanks again to the Bohler's for a wonderful place to stay. Georgia has been our home away from home since the kids were little. It is something we look forward to each year. Today I tried to start school. Not a good day. I need to ease into it, instead of pouncing into it. Summer has come to an end. The weather is blistering hot, the days are still long, but the freedom of our days to just do whatever is over. I will miss you, summer. A small part of me is anxious for the new year to begin. God has big things to come, I just know it!




1 comment:

Jenny said...

looove the country store :) marcus hiked the gorge we are gonna go this fall. also looove the new cabbage patch place omg - i totally wanna go back haaaa - cause the old building was scary :)so glad you got to hang with the palms!!! miss you all