Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Grease for the next week.....

This morning I thought I would make this big breakfast. Our norm is a pick from oatmeal, porridge (old fashioned oats, that is what we call it) or cereal. Not too fancy. But, Cooper went out last night with his Dad (they each played soccer, what is that?) and so he just had a granola bar and an apple for dinner. He is starving this morning. I made french toast and bacon. I make the bacon first on the griddle. Finish up two batches of that, then I move on to the real, eggy french toast. And my french toast is made on bacon grease then I dollop it with butter. Not good for you, at all, but it sure is good and MESSY! I say all that because I notice the two dogs frantically licking the floor all around me. My farm dog is a little unusual, anyway, but this was extreme even for farm dog. And then I notice!!!! I did not use the drip pan on the griddle and I have already made LOTS of grease, it is just pouring down the front of my cabinets and on the floor. Now, I have grease mixed with dog saliva to clean. And as I am observing the mess, our speech teacher arrives and I am still in my tie dye pajamas. I realize this could all be worse, but having grease on my floor because I forgot the drip pan has rocked my world. What in the world was I thinking?????

2 comments:

Jill said...

and where are the pictures of all that??:)

Unknown said...

you have me in the giggles...