Friday, April 10, 2009
Good Friday
"God's Friday". There is something about Good Friday that makes me get a lump in my throat. Yes, I realize what happened in 3 days, Praise God! But today was the day that He died a terrible death on the cross. Yesterday, we drew some pictures that were to represent Easter. Ava drew a picture of Jesus on the cross with blood coming from his body. I said, "What is this (pointing to the red)?" Ava said, "It is His blood, it must have really hurt Him." The next picture that she drew was of a huge stone with Jesus. We combined the pictures together with ribbon. The symbol of my 6 year olds picture was huge. Must we not forget what Christ did for us this day. Good Friday, God's Friday. His Promise of HOPE is HUGE!! My redeemer LIVES, but had to die first. My own father being in heaven with my Heavenly Father gives me goose bumps this time of year, especially. As much as I miss him, I know he is safe with my Heavenly Father. I will see him again. I know my father lives because of the sacrifice of Jesus. I praise HIM for the promise of everlasting life with HIM if we just believe. Thank you Lord for giving yourself so we could one day live with You......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment