


This is what our house looks like right now. Ava is making blankets for the dogs with Bobby's old shirts. Bobbi is sewing something, and bless her heart, I don't know how to sew so I am NO help. Charlie is sleeping on the couch. He went to the Dr.'s at 7:30 a.m. after being UP ALL NIGHT. He has a double, bright, red, ear infection. Cooper, well, he is watching Dragon Tales. Not his choice but it is on in case Charlie wakes up (it is Charlie's favorite). I am distracted and confused online trying to figure out what in the world I am going to do next year for curriculum! Right around this time every year I get this "rushed" feeling of what to select for everyone. Part panic because my oldest will be in 7th grade next year (Oh my Word!). It needs to be a little "heavier" than some things I have used in the past. She loves Beautiful Feet. Loves it. She says that is her favorite. The only thing with that is that it is not inclusive. And we have done much of what they offer. This year we did My Father's World. We all liked it. I just hope it was deep enough on the history and geography. Loved, loved the Bible. Loved the art and music. So, I sit here and am back to square one. Did I say that right, Jill? She knows I am not good with using expressions appropriately! I just read some things on WinterPromise? Tapestry of Grace? Not sure if winterpromise will be enough and I think TOG looks way overwhelming. I like to have free time to do a little unschooling kinda thing. Maybe I should just float around to other homeschooler's homes and see what they do. I could be a fly on a wall (I know I used that expression correctly). Enough said. I am a little frustrated but the kids are sure having fun! By the way, Ava just walked up to me and she has since made a purse, sorry hipster. Fabric, tape and rubber bands. I better go.
3 comments:
what a great morning you all are having! Poor Charlie - I hope he feels better soon! You are such a great mom and friend!
I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie.
I put that up yesterday to make me get moving!
Have you looked into Above Rubies? I think it can be used for both junior and senior high! I've lost that "freaked out feeling" or maybe I've just gone numb....Yeah, that's it!
poor baby boy. i hope he's feeling better soon! have fun with your curriculum choosing, supermom!
Post a Comment