Here she is, our Bobbi Marie, with her first real driving lesson.
Look at husband, he is holding on for dear life, and she is just as serious as ever! She drives just like I would expect her to drive. What do I mean? Well, she's very cautious and very quick on the brake. She finally passed her driver's ed class online. I had no idea she would have to write a paper on drugs and alcohol, but she survived and has now gone on to pass her "official" test at the DMV. Her pic on the license is just beautiful. Most look like mug shots and hers looks professional. She said the guy in front of her blinked when the person shot the pic and so she walked up smiling, eyes in perfect focus so it didn't happen to her. She has driven with uncle matt and husband. Like on real roads. I just can't believe it, my little girl is growing up so fast. I am about ready to cry. It could be my lack of sleep (newborn literally does not sleep at all) or it could be I need to eat breakfast and lay off the coffee. So….good stuff happening all around.
Please continue to pray for our new girls and for us! We need prayer. Asking the Lord to guard our hearts and minds from the evil one. We need to stay focused on the truth and not the lies. Please pray that this truth is embedded not only in our hearts but in our minds. You know how when you are tired you start doubting everything? We know wisdom is from the Lord and His truth shall guide our hearts and minds to perfect peace. What an experience! Thrown two babies at one time, one established in her ways, the other has no ways. Trusting God is what this experience has shown us. This world needs His love so desperately. If I could get a penny for everytime I hear, "How are you going to give them back?" Guess what, we just give them back. We will trust God that He is in control and we will trust God to take care of our hearts. That is probably the least of our concerns at this point. Yes, I am sure it will hurt, but God will not carry us to that point just to drop us off and say we are on our own. He will provide. Everytime we see sponge bob or see a city bus we will think of our little toddler. She lights up like a Christmas tree when she hears or sees the above mentioned things! New experiences, new memories, new acts of faith of things we never dreamed possible. See, this experience makes us Trust Him More. Anyways…….
Hats off to my new driver, I have yet to drive with her but enjoy watching her carry her little license around everywhere she goes just in case I say, "Oh Bobbi, please take the wheel!"
1 comment:
Yay for Bobbi!! Derek needs to be studying his test is coming in August!! I pray for you all every day with those 2 added blessings - you are right, God is there and will always be there every step of the way. Thank you for fostering and loving on those girls whether it be 1 month or 2 years...you guys are an awesome family!!
Post a Comment