Thursday, June 28, 2012

Update

The update is this….we have two little girls temporarily in our home that are so sweet, so lovely and such a blessing.  Yes, they are work (one is a newborn and the other a growing toddler) but it is an amazing feeling.  We are having fun getting to play, feed and cuddle these little girls.  We already taught the toddler about prayer.  She loves the "amen" part.  
Talk about getting our "feet wet" with fostering.  Two at one time!….yikes.  God truly has a sense of humor.  
 The baby baby is just about this size.  Seriously……
 Ava has not held this cabbage patch doll since our new arrivals.  Are you kidding?  She has two live babies right here and now for her to hold and feed and bathe and all that good stuff that she would only pretend to do with her fake babies.
I asked husband what we did with all our time before we got these little girls.  We don't know?  Everything is very deliberate and thought out.  I mean before we go anywhere we have to really think about it.  Is everyone napped?   Did the baby eat?  Do we have the diaper bag packed with "stuff"?  But we go and we survive.  The verse that has been there in the forefront of my mind is….in my weakness He is strong.  And His strength goes alot further than my strength.  Amen!  I did get to meet the bio parents.  They miss their girls and it was lovely to see their heart for their little ones.  Yes, it is all messed up, but in the long run, these beautiful girls are theirs, not mine.  Most importantly they are God's little girls.  I pray that one day they will know their Heavenly Father that so desires them and wants a relationship with them.  Life seems so big when I look at a newborn's face and think about her older and pray she gets the opportunity for someone to share Christ with her.  Another reason to tell others about Christ.  This whole experience is just a small glimpse of the love He has for all the children of the world.  Of all the love he has for people.  All are loveable.  He desires each and every one.  This is where we TRUST God and His goodness.  We are His instruments to be used.  Because they are not ours, we treasure each and every hug, smile and even their tantrums.  We get just a bit to love them, and let me tell you, they have stole all of our hearts.  So,  that is what is going on.  If I could post pics I would, but I can't.  Just picture two little baby dolls.  There, that is what they look like :)

God Bless.  Please pray for the girl's safety, health and for their mom and dad.  That God's timing would be perfect, as always…….



No comments: