This race was in early April. It is a 5K race that my husband helps put together for the local parks. We are members of Friends of the Park. "Official Members" - don't ask me how in the world we got involved, but we did. This is something that we get lots of the kids from cross country (plus some extras) to help us staff. This young lady in the middle is Miss Teen Largo. She was at the race and a bit sassy if I say so myself. She goes to a rival school and did not like that most of these kids went to another school. Lots of smack talk early in the morning is kind of funny. These kids took it in good stride and thought it was quite humorous.
I don't remember Charlie doing this, I think he is acting that he is hurt. I hope…...with a bunch of pretty high school girls around he sorta acts a little silly, think he likes the attention.
Bobby was the rabbit on the bike. He had to lead the runners out. He said the leader kept him biking pretty fast.
Beautiful morning…..and they earned community service hours by helping out in their community. Out of all the comments on the race, most say they love the enthusiasm of the teens on the trail. Enthusiastic teens, wow…….those two on the left I am going to miss, they are off to college. One is gone, the other to leave real soon. Yikes, it is getting closer for our own high schooler every day. Enjoy each moment. Each busy moment, each quiet moment, each lazy moment, all the same. We love time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment