As everyone knows, bowling is free for the summer! We have never taken more advantage of this than this summer. With our two new additions, our kids beg to bowl as soon as they go down for their first nap. Bobby has been keeping a bowl by the door with avocado sales money in it just for the bowling shoe rental. (yes, we have been selling avocados by the back driveway, 3 for $1, and we have made over $100!)
Such a big deal when this guy gets a strike!I think adults should get this excited. Run with your arms straight up, skip, jump, smile from ear to ear. Life is good, especially when you have bowled a strike! Summer is coming to an end all too soon. Our little girls are still with us, even though we were told they were going back July 10th. So, we are living each day as if it could be our last with these cute, little dolls.
School will start soon and I have not quite figured out how that will look, yet. I did finally order curriculum for the kids. They all are doing Sonlight this year. It is all good. We prayed long and hard about what to do, what to buy, what to not buy and the Lord just gave us a peace. It is alarming that my oldest will be in 10th grade and only has another 2 years left to figure out curriculum for. That thought alone made it easier on what to do for her. Bobby and I sat down and said, alright, what do we really want to hone in on. What is really important and what can we do to help her succeed in life. You know, not that we only have two more years to guide and teach but two more years for "high school" life. That thought is just CRAZY for me!!!!! I could boohoo about Cooper also, but Bobbi is a little closer and it makes him still look young. I will be a royal mess when I am talking about Charlie being in 10th grade. I mean, just look at his little face, there is no way he won't always look like that? I am not ready for him to get any older any time soon.
Now, if we could just find bowling shoes at a garage sale or thrift store to fit our whole family then we could save our avocado money for ice cream!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Have not caught up on your blog for awhile and am excited to see how God is answering prayer and using you. Would love to get together sometime and learn from you. :)
Post a Comment